In my previous blog (Thoughts on the future of Digital Marketing), I’ve mentioned briefly how the future will utilize more of video-based marketing. In today’s blog, I will discuss this topic further and give out few facts that will support my view of how video will be a great digital marketing tool.
In the last 10 years, the digital landscape has changed significantly. People rely more on mobile phones and tablets to search the web rather than sitting in front of a desktop computer which is immobile. What’s more, digital technology is cheaper today than it’s ever been before; there are virtually no boundaries on how, when and where people can interact with content.
Today, content only succeeds if it delivers what consumers want, when and how they want it. Fortunately, it’s easy to keep up with the changing landscape when you invest in cutting-edge forms of content, such as video marketing. In today’s fast-paced world, video marketing is one of the few types of online material that provides the value, relevance and flexibility consumers need, all while catering to the on-the-go lifestyle they want.
Here are some of the facts about video marketing and why I believe it will be the future of content:
- Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies.
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online.
- 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
Looking at the facts I think it is quite clear how video-based marketing will impact the way marketers advertise their products. I think this is a very interesting topic and on my next blog, I will write about the reasons why marketers should use video-based marketing and some concrete examples in today’s market how video have successfully helped a brand to grow.
So, what do you guys think? Will this video-based marketing be a great tool for marketers? Feel free to leave your opinion on the comments below! 🙂